Thursday, April 10, 2008

April 10

Quiet day at work. Barb has been gone all week because her daughter is in the hospital. Barb is taking care of grandkids in Michigan.

Did lots of ironing last night - eeeuuuu!

Still in the market for a dog - the Golden Retriever thing fell thru that Craig was looking at. Mags sure wants one. I think I want a big dog worse than she does. She wants any kind of dog.

Bad weather coming tonight. Tired of the rain!

Paid bills today...

Maggie's last day of tutoring is today. She sure liked going. Her reading has improved drastically. Still struggling a little bit with multiplication. But she'll get it. We didn't start doing multiplication until 5th grade and she's only in 3rd. No worrys.

Just rambling...

Kevin got a job in same town with Craig. They are riding together now so that will be a huge savings in gas. It just went up 20cents again today. Geez, won't be able to afford to drive to work.

Haven't really seen Mom and Dad since Mom's BDay in February. It just seems there's no time - I know I'm going to be sorry one of these days - I sure wish they would move to Rolla. D & T got to have them during their kid's younger years - I really have a hang up with that. Am I jealous? I just want them to be there for Maggie like they were for J & N. They won't be able to the older they get - they won't want to or be able to drive when she has an activity. They didn't miss one of J & N's activities. Anyway - they are in town 2-3 times a week anyway - I keep joking with them about moving here. No way Dad would leave his "comfort zone". He doesn't even like to go on vacation.

Speaking of - we have decided not to go to the mountains this summer. We are just going to do localish type things because of the gas prices. Maggie is disappointed but I promised we'd do some fun stuff. This weekend Craig is going to AR. so I told her we would have a "girl's day" . That's what she likes to call it. It's gonna rain - don't know what we're gonna do but I better think of something quick.

Gotta go.

No comments: